Be advised вЂ“ railway lines/trestles/tunnels are personal home
All railway lines and structures cupid affairs that are associatedtrestles and tunnels) are situated away from boundaries of Goldstream Provincial Park. Accessing they are considered trespassing on personal home and pose an important general public security risk.
Mount Finlayson Trail care
This path is high and tough; gown for the surface and climate; remain on the noticeable trail; allow adequate time for return in daylight. The summit may be accessed from Finlayson Arm path or the day-use area. Be careful whenever walking on Finlayson Arm path.
- Each visitors can witness salmon spawning at Goldstream Provincial Park year. The time that is best for watching is belated October through November. During this time period, there is certainly congestion on Hwy #1 while cars park and exit the day-use area. Please be mindful. Help counter interruption of salmon spawning вЂ“ keep pets on a leash and out from the water all of the time.
- Fishing just isn’t permitted in Goldstream Provincial Park.
- For college teams and unique team programs, please contact the Goldstream Freeman King Visitor Centre.
- Western regarding the E & N Railway right-of-way may be the better Victoria Water provide Area access that is prohibited.
- Please be aware that the relative mind of Finlayson Arm plus the Goldstream Estuary are closed to boaters and paddlers.
- No sani-station into the winter months.
All group and campwebsite site reservations should be made through Discover Camping. Whenever reservations aren’t available all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted and first-come, first-served web web web web web sites may also be available.
Group Camping Reservations
Location and Maps
Maps and Brochures
Nature and tradition
- History: the certain part of the park was handed to your individuals of British Columbia because of the better Victoria liquid Board. Extra lands had been designated and through the Commonwealth Nature Legacy and Crown Land improvements.
- Cultural Heritage: Goldstream is based on conventional fishing grounds of neighborhood very first Nations. Old mining shafts and tunnels are all that remain of this gold rush that Goldstream River experienced throughout the mid-19th century.
- Conservation: The variety of plants and creatures in the certain area makes Goldstream Provincial Park a marvel of nature. With two distinct vegetation areas, the park provides views of 600-year-old Douglas-fir and western red cedar in addition to stands of Garry oak and arbutus, discovered exclusively on Vancouver Island and also the southwest coastline of BC. Goldstream River, the website of a yearly Chum salmon spawning run, additionally enhances the parkвЂ™s normal values. The park additionally protects different reptiles and amphibians and lots of red and blue listed types of plants and creatures, including uncommon wildflowers and plant types like the Dense Spike Primrose therefore the Pacific Waterleaf.
- Wildlife: Goldstream Park hosts black colored bears, cougars and deer, also many little pets like raccoons, minks, beavers, otters and Gray and Douglas squirrels. Salmon, trout and steelhead are located into the parkвЂ™s channels, and migratory and resident wild birds such as hummingbirds, Bald eagles, turkey vultures, ducks and gulls may be spotted through the park. From belated October through December of every 12 months, the Goldstream River could be the scene of just one of natureвЂ™s spectacles as chum, coho and Chinook salmon go into the river via Finlayson Arm through the Pacific Ocean. 3 to 4 years formerly, these salmon that is same created right right right right here before planing a trip to the ocean to develop and grow. Their come back to spawn and perish inside their ancestral spawning beds is fascinating. The Goldstream River estuary is closed to your public (including all boaters). This closing has lead to a resurgence of wildlife making use of the estuary over summer and winter. As a result of the closing, as soon as rarely seen Bald eagles now abound throughout the salmon run and nest throughout the summer вЂ“ Eagle Extravaganza
- Management Preparing Information
- Goldstream Park Management Arrange вЂ“ [PDF 1.56MB]The administration arrange for Goldstream Park ended up being authorized.